Where can I buy my rod fishing licence from?
You can purchase your licence in three ways:
- From your local Post Office branch
- From the Environment Agency website
- By calling the Environment Agency fishing licence service on 0344 800 5386
Join nearly 1 million anglers
Every year nearly 1 million anglers buy their fishing licence. Your licence money helps to protect and improve fisheries, which helps to improve the places you love to fish.
Who needs a licence?
You need a valid Rod Fishing Licence to fish for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel in England (except the River Tweed), Wales, and the Border Esk (and its tributaries in Scotland). Children under 13 do not need a licence.
Find out more
Still need help?
If you are struggling to find the answer you need please call
- Environment Agency national customer contact centre (general enquiries ) on 03708 506 506
- 0344 800 5386 Environment Agency fishing licence service on 0344 800 5386